Here at the Salus Foot Surgeon office, we promote good health and well being. I found that having an event coming up that was going to challenge my fitness, helped me to maintain motivation to train.
Here are a few ways to help you keep motivated:
- Have a fitness buddy
- Be accountable: tell your friends and family about your goals, post your achievements regularly on social media, ask your partner to help you monitor your progress
- Celebrate small achievements and the large ones. This helps you to keep on track.
- Have a plan. Write it out. Hang it somewhere where you will see it on a daily basis.
- Remind yourself why you are doing this, for example are you losing weight to reduce the stress on your joints to ease pain related to arthritis?
- Don’t forget to occasionally treat yourself
- Have an activity that you enjoy
- Mix it up so you don’t get bored.
What is your motivation to remain fit, lightweight and active?